Timely Tips for Mobile Marketing Campaigns
With the use and popularity of QR codes growing along with increasing numbers of users with access to smartphones and other web accessible mobile devises, there is no better time to plan a QR mobile Marketing campaign. Once you know the objective of your campaign and the target market you want to reach, a few easy tips can help you get started in targeting the millions of smartphone and mobile web users that scan a QR code every day.
Smartphone Users are everywhere there is a good possibility that they are looking for the information, produces or services you have to offer. With that thought in mind, get your custom QR codes anywhere people on the move are likely to spot it and scan for your information. Banners at events, poster on bulletin boards, printed ads in newspapers or magazines, television ads, website promotions, email signatures business cards. Your marketing objectives and target audience will determine the places you decide to promote your QR code campaign. For a QR code mobile marketing campaign to be effective here are a few other tips you may find helpful.
- Do not limit the use of QR codes to only one medium –be everywhere!
- Present value and easy access with exclusive offers, dynamic presentation, and customer interaction.
- Consider ad location when placing a QR code. Outdoor displays should have your QR code at eye level or arm’s length.
- When printing your QR code leave white space around the code matrix for easy scanning and never use a code smaller than one inch square. The further from your ad the larger the QR code should be.
- In on screen promotions, be sure to display your QR code long enough for a viewer to launch a scanner app and scan the code.
Remember, QR stands for quick response…Keep it simple! It is best to use a recognizable QR code that is accessible using smartphones and other popular scanner apps. Deliver the expected information as simply and quickly as possible. To avoid delays or frustrating complications for users scanning your QR code remember to:
- Use web friendly sites or landing pages.
- Be sure there are no dead links!
- Offer real value (special deals, promo codes, bonus products, or coupons) that encourage action and return visits.
Always test your QR codes before making them available. Test with as many applications and scanners as possible. View the live mobile website your code leads visitors to and be sure everything on the page is clearly marked, easy to navigate and opens properly. Once your QR code is part of an active mobile marketing plan, account for your marketing objectives and analytics. Is this marketing campaign meeting the goals and objectives you planned? Track, monitor, and evaluate your mobile marketing analytics to discover the effectiveness your QR codes have in meeting your marketing goals and reaching your intended audience. Ongoing analysis of your mobile marketing campaign using QR codes to reach users on the move will allow you to make adjustments as needed resulting in increased returns on investments made.